A Canadian temporary resident visa is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office. The temporary resident visa is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a visitor, student or temporary worker. It does not guarantee your admission to Canada. When you arrive at the point of entry to Canada, an officer from the Canada Border Service Agency will decide if you will be admitted to Canada.
You have to satisfy the officer that you:
• Will leave Canada after your temporary stay
• Have enough money to support yourself and family members while you are in Canada
• Do not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized
• Have no record of criminal activity (a Police Certificate may be required)
• Are not a risk to the security of Canada
• Are in good health (a medical exam may be required)